101 Tips Menguasai Materi Adjective, Adverbial, Noun Clause
www.sekolahbahasainggris.com– Materi Adjective/Relative Clause terkadang bagi beberapa orang merupakan materi yang sulit. Apalagi jika ditambah dengan Adverbial Clause dan juga Noun Clause yang sama-sama membuat pusing kepala.
Lalu bagaimana membedakan ketiganya? Dan tips ajib bagaimnakah agar kita menguasai ketiga materi tesebut? Disini kalian akan dapat mengetahuinya segera bagaimana menguasai materi clause dalam pelajaran bahasa Inggris.
Lihat Tabel berikut:
JADI : Adjective clause : R O , Noun clause : A O , Adverbial clause : R A
Reducing: menghilangkan dan mengganti
Reducing merupakan teknik menghilangkan atau mengganti dari adjective clause agar grammar writing kita terlihat lebih advance. Orang-orang yang sudah memahami materi ini teknik writing nya terlihat natura, advance dan tidak kaku.
Adapun 2 hal yang perlu diperhatikan:
REDUCING DARI ADJECTIVE CLAUSE : Ving , V3, To infinitive ( no. 5 (RPO) dan 9 (RPS) )
Form reducing adj. clause in RPS
|Pr. Cont||Being + V3|
|Pr. Perfect||Having + V3||Having + been + V3||Having + been + SC|
|Pr. Perf. cont||Having + been + Ving|
- AS NOUN MODIFIER (REDUCINGAN DARI ADJECTIVE CLAUSE DALAM RPO) menghasilkan to infinitive
Meaningnya akan menjadi passive dan setelah to infinitive tidak diikuti object.
I need some food which I can eat.I need some food to eat.
(saya butuh makanan untuk dimakan)
- AS NOUN MODIFIER AFTER SUPERLATIVE DEGREE, THE + ORDINAl number,THE NEXT, THE ONLY
Merupakan reducingan dari adjective clause di RPS
To infinitive bermakna “yang”
e.g. He was the first man who loved me.
=> He was the first man to love me.
He is the cleverest student who has studied here.
=>He is the cleverest student to have studied here.
He is the only one who knows the case.
=>He is the only one to know the case.
REDUCING DARI ADVERBIAL CLAUSE
- ( VING/ V3 , S + V )
Syarat : subject di main caluse dan sub clause harus sama.
|Berurutan ( cause and effect )|
KarenaBerurutan ) tanpa cause and effect )Setelah BersamaanSambil
- FORM : S + V ( O ) + VING
|Berurutan ( degn atau tanpa cause and effect )|
Kemudian / sebelum
Form : s + v + (o) , VIng /v3BersamaanSambil
Reducing dari adjective clause
- The man who is talking to John is my friend > the man talking to John is my friend.
- The man who runs in the corner is my brother > the man sitting in the corner is my brother.
- The ideas which are presented are interesting > the ideas presented are interesting.
- The topics which are being talked are hot news > the topics being talked are hot news.
REDUCING ADVERBIAL CLAUSE
- While the students were walking down the street, they saw beautiful architecture.
Walking down the street, they saw beautiful architecture. (memiliki arti KETIKA)
- They saw beautiful architecture while they was walking down the street.
They saw beautiful architecture walking down the street.(memiliki arti KETIKA)
- While she was watching TV, she was eating breakfast.
Watching TV, she was eating lunch.(memiliki artiSAMBIL)
- She was watching TV while she was eating breakfast.
She was watching TV eating lunch.(SAMBIL)
- SIMPLE VS SIMPLE
When Budi finished his homework, Budi went home.
Budi went home when Budi finished his homework.
Finishing his homework, Budi went home (setelah)
Before Budi finished his homework, Budi went home
Budi went home before Budi finished his homework.
Budi went home, finishing his homework. ( kemudian/sebelum)
Kalau reducingan di awal akan menjadi kejadian pertama.
Kalau reducingan di akhir akan menjadi kejadian kedua.
- PERFECT VS SIMPLE
When/after I had finished my work, I went home
I went home when/after I had finished my work.
I went home, having finished my work (kemudian)
Having finished my work, I went home. (setelah)
Note : keajaddian pertama diatndai dengan tenses perfect.
Note : kalau hasil reducingan AVC berada di awal maka akan bermakna “setelah” tapi kalau berada di akahir akan bermakna “kemudian/sebelum”
REDUCING DARI AVC CAUSE AND EFFECT
- Simple vs simple ( because, since, as)
(active) Because I felt tired, I took a rest. > feeling tired, I took a rest
(passive) because she was visited by him, she was glad
Visited by him, she was glad.
(nominal) because she was sick, she was absent.
Being sick, she was absent.
Bisa semua type
- If he were given money, he would do anything.
Given money, he would do anything.
PURPOSE ( HASILNYA BERUPA TO INFINITIVE)
- He saves his money in order that he can buy new bicycle.
He saves money to buy new bicycle.
- I am so weak that I can not lift that box.
I am too weak to lift that box.
- I am so strong that I can lift that box.
I am strong enough to lift that box.
- Omitting : menghilangkan conjunction dan” be” ketika nominal
- form omitting adj clause in RPO
||Syarat : adj /noun yg pnya bound|
|Pr. Cont / ps. Cont|
- Noun clause : all tenses
E.g. I think that you are kind. I think you kind.
VERBAL ( RPO )
- I saw a handsome boy whom I love
I saw a handsome boy I love
- The movie that we saw was wonderful
The movie we saw was wonderful
- He is the man about whom I told you last night.
He is the man I told you about last night.
- The house where he lives is so old.
The house he lives is so old.
- The house in which he lives is so old.
The house he lives in is so old.
- I will never forget the day when I met you.
I will never forget the day I met you.
- She will never forget the day on which Doni met her.
She will forget the day Doni met her.
NOMINAL ( RPS)
- Ann is the woman who is responsible the budget.
> Ann is the woman responsible the budget.
- The books that are on the table are min.
> the books on the table are mine.
- I think that he is teacher.
I think he is teacher.
- That students do not understand about physic is obvious.
Note : jika noun clause mengambil posisi subject ‘conjunction” tidak bias di omitting.
- Everybody knows that the world is round.
Everybody knows the world is round.
ABRIDGEMENT : process penyingkatan kalimat tapi masih menyisakan conjunction.
- AVC OF TIME
When you are here, you must obey my rule.
When here, you must obey my rule
- AVC OF PLACE
I can sleep whenever I stay.
I can sleep whenever I
- AVC OF CONTRAST
Although he was sick, he went to study
Although sick, he went to study
- AVC OF MANNER
He teaches me English as if he were teacher.
He teaches me English as if teacher.
- AVC OF CAUSE AND EFFECT
Since he was sick, she looked thin.
Since sick, she looked thin.
- AVC OF CONDITION
If he were given money, he would do anything.
If given money, he would do anything.
- AVC OF COMPARISON
you are as handsome as my father (is)
- NOUN CLAUSE
I don’t know what I must do.
I don’t know what to do.